2011年4月6日星期三

David Chung readys for shot at the Masters

David Chung readys for shot at the Masters

On Thursday, Chung will tee it up in the Super Bowl of golf - the Masters in Augusta, Ga.David qualified for the tournament by finishing as the runner-up at the U.S. Amateur in August."Hopefully, I play well. That would be a great thing. But I just want to soak up the experience," David said. "I don't think I will remember my score, but I will remember the people I meet, the things I do and the experiences I have."Outwardly, David appears calm and poised. He speaks in low, measured tones about entering the game at its highest level. He is all business. He rarely cracks a smile when talking about it.His mother, Elise Chung, is amazed at how her Ai Miyazato Helps Tsunami Sufferers son has handled himself in pressure situations, playing in front of large crowds. He was the runner-up in the U.S. Junior Amateur, as well."What I'm most proud of is how he handles himself in that type of situation," she said. "It's just like a walk in the park to him. I can't believe that's my son. He's calmer than my husband or myself."Maybe his poise comes from a lifetime of premier instruction. It started with Jens Klemschke, the head professional at Highland Country Club since 1997. Klemschke remembers watching David since he was 5 when his father, Chris Chung, would teach him how to hold the club."I knew almost immediately he was special," Klemschke said. "When he was 7 or 8, he was hitting golf shots most adults can't hit. It was amazing how the ball was coming off the club face."David moved on to the late golf professional L.B. Floyd, who guided two other Fayetteville men, his son, Raymond, and Chip Beck, to successful careers in golf.


没有评论:

发表评论