2011年4月1日星期五

Karrie Webb wins LPGA Founders Cup

Karrie Webb wins LPGA Founders Cup

The LPGA Founders Cup came down to a chipping contest.Karrie Webb saved par on the par-4 18th with a chip from the front fringe and a 3-foot putt. About 20 minutes later, Brittany Lincicome also ended up in the fringe short of the green. Her chip ran 10 feet past the hole and she missed the par putt.That gave Webb her second straight victory and 38th on the LPGA Tour."I didn't think I'd be sitting here today talking about winning," said Webb, six strokes Steve Marino Back In Houston behind leader Angela Stanford entering play Sunday. "But now that I am, It's such a great honor to win this tournament.""I think we need to celebrate these ladies more than we do," Webb said. "I wouldn't have had the career that I've had and the life that I've had if it weren't for those 13 women. ... I think they did a fantastic job to get this tournament run as well as it was. You wouldn't know that they had only a few months to put it together."

没有评论:

发表评论