2011年4月6日星期三

Tiger's golf journey with his new swing

Tiger's golf journey with his new swing

I think Tiger has become golf's Mike Tyson - remember how feared Tyson was before he was beaten by Buster Douglas? - he won't become the dominate player he once was on the PGA Tour.Tiger doesn't agree.One of the reasons is his new swing coach, Sean Foley.Much of the 20-minute chat with media focused on Woods' swing changes. All technical stuff for those few who can really analyze a swing.What I saw - and liked - was the feisty side Tiger Woods Also Disavow That One Year Later of Woods."Doesn't matter," Woods shot back when asked how he felt about not being a Masters favorite. "You still have to play the golf tournament, right? We all have an opportunity. Everyone has the same opportunity as I do and always has."The four-time Masters champion added a simple "no" when the subject of have we seen the best of Tiger Woods."Well, I believe in myself," Woods said. "There's nothing wrong with believing in myself. God, I hope you (in the media) feel the same about yourselves. You know, that's the whole idea, is that you can always become better."Woods' resume of 71 PGA Tour wins, including 14 majors, leaves the 35-year-old on the radar of every player and fan interested in the outcome.
"It took a pretty good pounding on my knee doing it that way. As you know, I tore cartilage and my ACL over the years, so I don't want to swing that way. It's too much change."To the average hacker, Woods' swing was a thing of beauty. So what's to change?"Well, (Sean) and I have changed a lot," Woods said. "From stance, to grip, to where the club is. ... where he believes the club needs to be throughout the entire golf swing, and obviously what the body is doing. That's way different than what I used to do."The grip part I got pretty quickly. The posture I got pretty quickly. The other stuff has been more difficult.""Far as being around Sean, he's a great dude," Woods said. "He really is. He knows a lot about a lot. He's very philosophical, and it's always fun to pick his brain."


没有评论:

发表评论