2011年4月26日星期二

Golf Seeds Were Send Packing at Russley Golf Club

Golf Seeds Were Send Packing at Russley Golf Club

Yesterday as No 1 seed Ryan Fox and the New Zealand No 1 Ben Campbell were sent packing in the second round at the Russley Golf Club in Christchurch.Campbell and Fox were not alone as the top six seeds of the 32 players in the men's draw did not make the quarter-finals. Auckland's Sam An, the seventh seed, is now the highest-ranked player in the field after an astonishing day of upsets in summer-like conditions.An hour later world No 9 Campbell, who many expected Fox would meet in the semifinals this afternoon, Georgia Tech Takes Golf Title was knocked out by Josh Munn 1up.
It was the upset of Fox by Heyes that had most of the members at Russley talking in the early afternoon. Only a day after one of the highs of his amateur career - winning his first New Zealand strokeplay title by five shots - Fox was humbled by Steven Heyes on the 19th hole.He made a great birdie on the 17th and then made par at the last to Heyes' bogey to stay alive.Fox hit his approach to the par-three 10th, the 19th hole, about 20m right of the green and Heyes took advantage, successfully two putting from about 10m for par to send the No 1 seed home early.That was a huge relief to see that go in. I am just so pleased I finished it off, no one gave me a chance. This is huge for my confidence, beating Ryan means a lot to me and if I hit the ball like I did today then I think I have a good chance in this tournament."Munn made a crucial birdie on the 17th hole to go 1up against Campbell and came up with an incredible chip shot at the final hole to save his par and seal the contest when Campbell missed his birdie putt."That was some of the best golf I have ever played," Munn, 20, said.

没有评论:

发表评论